FAQ's and Rental Criteria
Why should I rent from Northland Rental Homes?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous family owned business. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services in the industry.
- We use professional contractors (painters, plumbers, electricians, etc. to ensure every property is in good condition.
- We oversee and inspect all work performed at every home.
- We own all properties listed for rent and are able to handle emergency maintenance repairs and issues quickly.
- We provide a Move-in and Move-out checklist for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- We meet with you personally to go over the lease as to ensure everyone is aware of their lease responsibilities.
- We provide direct deposit on rent payments.
- We love pets and feel they deserve a nice place to live, too.
How do I apply to rent?
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE VIEWED A PROPERTY OR SPOKE WITH US. Check out our qualifying criteria to get an idea if you qualify then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We'll process it and let you know the results.
Who pays the utilities?
Tenants are responsible for all utilities including electric, gas, and water/sewer/trash and must be in the tenant's name by the day you take possession of the property.
What am I responsible for maintaining in my home?
You are responsible for maintaining heating/ac filters and fresh smoke detector batteries at all times. This may mean changing them at least twice each year or more frequently as needed. Light bulbs that are easily accessible also need to be maintained by the residents. Yard maintenance and snow removal are your responsibility as well.
Are pets allowed?
Absolutely! We love pets. We charge $30/month per pet in rent. There is no additional deposit required for pets.
Our rental criteria checklist is the guideline that is followed for approving new tenants. ALL individuals over the age of 18 that will be living in the household must fill out an application. Qualification for a property is determined based upon the entire household. Property can only be held up to 15 DAYS before lease must start (e.g., occupancy begins).